Social media can be a great way to spread the word about your Team Roswell fundraising efforts, and integrating your online fundraising dashboard with your personal Facebook page can be extremely effective. Read more about that here.
When it comes to using Instagram, however, fundraising gets more complicated. Here’s what you need to know.
Donations from Instagram don't display on your dashboard
Facebook recently made it much easier to share your Facebook fundraiser on Instagram, but funds from Instagram do not display in the Team Roswell dashboard.
Already set up your Instagram fundraiser?
If you’ve already set up an Instagram fundraiser, we can help you get credit for the amount raised. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with the following information from your Instagram fundraiser:
- Your full name
- The names of all of your donors
- The Instagram usernames of all your donors
- The individual amounts raised by each donor
- The date of each donation
From there, we will manually post the donations to your account. This can take up to four weeks, as we are unable to post a donation until we receive the payment from Instagram. Please keep this in mind when planning for rewards and matches.
Instagram sends donations monthly with no information regarding the donor or recipient. That’s why your help is so important.
How can I fundraise on Instagram then?
When you switch your fundraiser from Facebook to Instagram, the integration to your Empire State Ride fundraising page gets lost.
The funds are sent to the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation (the non-profit organization that runs the Empire State Ride), but they don’t reflect on your Empire State Ride page.
For that reason, it’s best to avoid using Instagram fundraisers.
Here’s what you can do instead:
- Stick with fundraising on Facebook or directly through your ESR page.
- Copy the link from your ESR fundraising page (see below) and paste it to stories or your bio on Instagram (create a story, click the “stickers” button at the top, and select “link” to paste your URL).